Commercial Pilot Training in Arizona
Earning your private pilot license is the first step toward becoming a commercial pilot. Flight training at Sierra Charlie Aviation in Scottsdale, Arizona can help you achieve your goals.
Sierra Charlie Aviation is a Cessna Pilot Center (CPC). We offer top-quality flight training in new Cessna Skyhawk 172 aircraft and provide one of the finest learning experiences for prospective pilots.
We are proud to have received the AOPA Flight Training Excellence Award in 2016 and 2017 as one of the top flight schools in the country, based on ratings from our satisfied students and other pilots.
Owner and Senior Flight Instructor, Scott Campbell, has also been named as AOPA’s Best Flight Instructor in the Southwest Region, and Senior Flight Instructor Tom DeYoung is one of three instructors in the region to be recognized as a Distinguished Flight Instructor.
Our location is ideal for students in Scottsdale, Phoenix, Tempe, Glendale, Mesa, Chandler, and surrounding areas. We also welcome students from across the U.S., Canada and from abroad.
FAR Part 61
Sierra Charlie Aviation currently provides flight training under the authority of Federal Aviation Regulations (or FAR) Part 61. Our training program is more flexible than a FAR Part 141 program – an important factor for students who are unable to train full-time.
The FAA requires a minimum of 40 flight hours to obtain a private pilot license under Part 61. Some students are able to complete training in 40 hours, but the national average is closer to 60 hours of flight time.
To obtain a commercial pilot certificate under Part 61, you will need at least 250 flight hours, including 100 hours of pilot-in-command time and 50 hours of cross-country flight. You will also need to get at least 10 hours of instrument training and 10 hours in a complex aircraft.
Why Choose Us?
- Aviation-perfect weather: Scottsdale, AZ offers some of the finest flying weather in the world with over 300 days of clear, sunny weather every year.
- Top-notch training aircraft: Our brand new Cessna 172 Skyhawks are G1000 equipped and coupled with GFC700 autopilot. Your glass cockpit training will be transferable to every glass cockpit aircraft.
- Excellent training curriculum: As a Cessna Pilot Center, we use the Cessna Flight Training System, a comprehensive, proven flight-training program that produces competent, prepared and confident new pilots about 30% faster than the national average.
- Experienced flight training team: Our team is composed of passionate and highly experienced Certified Flight Instructors (CFIs) who have trained everyone from Sport Pilots to Flight Instructors and recreational flyers to airline pilots.
- Extended training programs: If you are already a licensed pilot, we offer instrument flight training as well as extended and recurring training programs that include biennial Flight Reviews, G1000 glass cockpit transition training, emergency procedure refresher courses and more.
Sierra Charlie Aviation’s Arizona flight school has a training team of passionate and highly experienced instructors who can start you on the path toward your commercial pilot license. Call us today at (480) 474-4115 to start earning your wings!